2010年11月19日金曜日

Busy times!

It has been forever since I last blogged but I have been pretty busy! October went by in a blur with Liam`s sports day, a trip to Fukuoka to get Kayla`s passport and a very absent husband due to crazy working hours. Then November is all about visitors. My dad arrived on November 1st and was here until Monday. He left at around lunchtime and then that afternoon my lovely Portuguese friend Patricia arrived from Tokyo with her gorgeous 3 month old bub and also a friend of hers. Patricia lived in Yamaguchi until June so is back for a visit and to show off her new baby so have been staying here. They are out and about a lot so I haven`t had to do too much for them but have hopefully been a half decent hostess :-) It`s been nice to have their company and it`s great to have someone around to look after Kayla in the mornings while I dash Liam off to daycare. Anyway, they are heading home tomorrow morning but before that my mum is arriving! She flew in today and is hopefully heading to her hotel in Kansai as I type this. She is super keen to see us (well the kids mostly!) so is getting the first shink. in the morning and we will be picking her up at 8:30. Hopefully we make it in time! Liam takes forever to get ready in the mornings lately and breakfast seems to go on forever so I won`t even bother giving him any tomorrow.

So yeah it will be great having mum here. She helps out so much and it`s nice to have someone to chat to. It gives the kids some nice exposure to English too which is always good. She is dieting at the moment which is probably good for me as I really need to start behaving. I have been taking full advantage of the breastfeeding = no weight gain theory but I have been eating so much sweet stuff lately that I am too scared to weigh myself. I have also become quite into cooking biscuits, slices etc which is so not me but also very dangerous as I tend to eat the majority of them. We do have friends coming to visit on Sunday though so I am thinking something will have to be made. Mum is bringing over some baking goods that are hard or expensive to get here.

Onto kid updates, they are both doing well. Liam is still challenging at times and definitely tries to get attention by misbehaving. I don`t really blame him as it so works but it`s pretty hard to take at times. He is an awesome big brother to Kayla though and she adores him. He has taken to picking her up when she cries which is very sweet but also a bit scary. Kayla is 7 months old next week and adorable as usual. She appears to be teething as she is super drooly and also a bit unsettled when she sleeps. We have also started solids which she is enjoying but her tum doesn`t so much at times. We have done pumpkin, sweet potato, avocado, banana, green beans and pear so far and banana is definitely her favourite. I think she would eat a whole banana if I let her.

Alright my feet are freezing so it`s time for a nice hot shower. Happy weekend to all :-)

4 件のコメント:

  1. Hope you have a great time with your mum :)

    返信削除
  2. Busy central! Must be nice having your folks visit so often :) and for the extra pair of willing hands.

    返信削除
  3. Lovely to hear your update and yes,how wonderful that your parents can come over so often.How long is your mum staying for this time? Have a great time(as if you need telling!!) x

    返信削除
  4. Hope life in the guch in 2011 is going well, the kids are good and that you aren't too cold. Snowed here last night and now it's a bit of hail :(

    返信削除