2010年1月21日木曜日

It's a girl!

At 26 weeks and 6 days, I finally found out I am having a girl! Am over the moon as it's exactly what I wanted but I had mentally prepared myself for having another boy so it came as quite a shock. Baby hadn't been co-operating at all up until now during ultrasounds but this time the doctor was very quick to say that everything was in full view so of course I assumed it was a boy! It was girl bits that were on display though. Yay! I am so looking forward to all the fun girls clothes! I called hubby as soon as I left the clinic and then my mum who decided to go out shopping as soon as we got off the phone. We had a skype chat the next day and she showed me all of the outfits (over 10!) she had bought. So much fun pink and purple stuff! I already have a few unisex outfits so baby is going to have a huge wardrobe to choose from. We will also be back in Australia in the summer so I will be able to go mad buying all the winter stuff that will be on sale. Quite dangerous as I won't be working but that's what credit cards are for right? :-)

January is flying by so hopefully the next few months will do so as well! Going back to work after 2 weeks off was rather harsh but am gradually getting back into the swing of things. I seem to have had something on everyday for the last couple of weeks. Last weekend, we had some visitors from Australia which was rather tiresome to say the least. No work tomorrow though as my one class was cancelled. Liam has an appointment at the dentist and then I have promised him a happy set if he behaves there. He of course only wants the toy and couldn't really care less about the meal but if the thought of it helps him stay calm at the dentist it works for me.

We were spoilt with 3 packages from Australia today. Well one was from China actually as my dad has been visiting there. He sent over a crazy top that lights up and sings a song for Liam, some cards (?) for Ryuji and a picture for me. My friend Sarah also sent over late Christmas presents for Liam and the baby. Liam got a book and some funky clothes and the baby got a few stylish outfits. I also got a box from my mum as it's my birthday on Sunday. She even put a present in it from Liam as she knows hub is super slack and probably wouldn't do anything. Liam has been talking about wanting to buy me a present so I may still be surprised yet. Hub is in the bad books as after going to a wedding about 10 days ago and spending 40,000 yen (30,000 for the wedding and 10,000 for the after parties) he has some silly work do on tomorrow night for a guy who is being transferred to a branch of the company which is only 20 minutes away. I don't see the point of it and as we are trying to be careful with money don't see why he needs to go but of course he HAS to. I was stingy wife and only gave him 5000 yen to take. We live about 20 minutes out of town so getting home is rather costly so he is crashing at a friend's house. I am actually rather looking forward to Liam and I having a quiet night on our own and not having to worry about hub's dinner but am still allowed to be slightly annoyed right? :-)

Alright I am going to hang out a load of washing and then head upstairs to bed to watch a DVD. Have been watching a British show called Hope Springs which is quite entertaining and I think I only have one episode to go.

10 件のコメント:

  1. congratulations, that is so exciting!! And a girl is so much fun!! and yep, the clothes are all too cute, it IS dangerous.

    You are sooooo lucky to get all those care packages - I love it when the delivery man comes when you are not expecting anything.

    Happy birthday for Sunday - hope you have a great one!

    返信削除
  2. Hooray for finally finding out! That's so funny that your mum went shopping as soon as she heard from you :) Hope you have a lovely birthday - have you got any plans or are you just taking it easy?

    返信削除
  3. Congrats on finding out it's a girl!
    Sorry for the lack of commenting recently. Your Mum sounds like mine on the shopping front btw!lol
    Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well.

    返信削除
  4. Congratulations!! My mum was the same when she found out I was having a girl..super shopper! and yes, sales in Oz are sooo dangerous but the clothes are soooo cute!! We ended up getting so many summer clothes for A as xmas presents from relatives our summer this year is taken care of ;) Winter stuff was a bit harder as we just missed a lot of the big sales..but managed to get a few things at Target and the like.

    返信削除
  5. Congratulations!! How exciting!! I knew how much you wanted a girl - you must be so thrilled to finally know.

    I sent mum home with a huge list of stuff I wanted her to buy for Baby N back home. I can't wait to see all the cute pink girly clothes she has chosen!! From the sounds of it she has gone a little crazy herself and bought a heap more than I need. LOL!!

    I hope you have a wonderful day on Sunday!! Happy birthday!!

    返信削除
  6. Congratulations! Great that you could finally found out and must be so happy that you are having a girl, as it seems that is what you wanted!

    I told Shun we were lucky Noah was a boy because if I had found out he was going to be a girl I would of gone even MORE crazy buying clothes (so would my mum- and she went crazy for Noah) as the girls stuff is always so cute and I am a huge PINK fan!!!

    Happy birthday for Sunday!!!

    返信削除
  7. Congratulations Nikki on finding out you are having a girl, I too have a girl and a boy. as you`ll find out, they really are so different, especially the older they get. Hope the rest of the pregnancy goes well for you, and happy birthday for Sunday.

    返信削除
  8. I meant to say they are so different but it is so fun to see these differences, you are in for a great time.

    返信削除
  9. Thanks everyone for the congrats and birthday wishes! Maybe I will finally get around to figuring out how to post photos on here once baby girl is born :-)

    返信削除
  10. Congratulations Niki - I too wanted another girl and when the doc told me it was a boy I cried in her office, she didn't know what to do!! I hope you have lots of wondrful times with your daughter,and son too of course!

    I have tried to post here before but for some reason I can't so I hope this works!!

    返信削除