2010年2月3日水曜日

Annoying husbands.......

My husband is seriously driving me crazy lately! He is constantly leaving stuff lying all around the place so all I seem to do is pick up after him and Liam. He has managed to lose Liam's bike helmet which is a mystery as he swears he was wearing it when they came home from their last ride. I have to admit he is a good dad and spends a lot of time with Liam but the way they play drives me insane. They are always so loud and boisterous which I wouldn't mind if it was during the day but they are like this after dinner every night. I think being pregnant and the hormones is making everything more annoying but aargh I am so over it. I have begun to think that the whole tanshin funin (husband living in another city for work and just coming home on hols) might be a nice set up.

Liam was sick this week with strep throat. He chucked a major tantrum on Sunday morning over eating his breakfast which I was rather unimpressed about as I had made him an especially yummy one. There were lots of tears on his behalf and yelling on mine and he finally sat down and ate it. We then got in the car to go to You Me City which is about an hours drive from here. He started complaining of a sore stomach and seemed to have a bit of a temp. We were almost there so continued on our way and I ended up buying a baby futon set and some shinkenja glow in the dark (didn't realise that until that night!) pajamas for Liam. He was definitely not 100% though so we headed home after about an hour. Ryuji decided that he had a temperature because I had made him cry that morning. Typical male comment hey! Liam spent most of the arvo sleeping but his temp was gone by that night. It went up again quite high during the night though so I decided to cancel all my classes on Monday and take him to the doctor. The test for strep throat came back negative but after the doctor checked his throat he still decided to diagnose him with. He seems to have been right as after a couple of days on antibiotics he is fine again. I was told to keep him home from daycare yesterday so did so but he was back again today. There were so many kids missing today though! The flu has apparently come back with a vengeance and there are lots of other stomach bugs and stuff going around. This was the first time Liam had been sick for months so hopefully it all doesn't hit him now. Bring on spring, warmer weather and less illnesses!

The males in our household apart from hub have actually been under the weather. Our cat Miffy, who despite his name is male has been in the wars. He is severely neglected as we are so busy and Liam has taken over but on Friday I realised he wasn't his usual genki self and after checking him out realised he couldn't put weight on one of his back legs. Ryuji and Liam took him to the vet while I taught on Saturday morning and were told that he had been in a fight but not to worry as his leg wasn't broken or anything. The vet gave him a couple of needles and us some tablets to give him. He has been very quiet up until today not really eating and just sleeping in his bed but this morning was very vocal about wanting to go outside. I let him out but haven't seen him since so hopefully he is okay.

I had to go to the baby doctor yesterday so baachan came over and looked after Liam for me. Baby girl is growing nicely and apparently a bit bigger than average at 1300g at almost 29 weeks. I was always told Liam was smallish and he was only 2986g even though he was 8 days late. It will be interesting to see what baby girl ends up weighing. I was a massive baby at 4200g so I'm hoping she hasn't taken after me :-) She is very active though which is good! I start to feel paranoid if she hasn't moved for a while but fortunately that doesn't happen very much.

Starting to feel sleepy so had better go and do my chores and get myself up to bed. Hope you all are having a fun filled week :-)



3 件のコメント:

  1. Nice to hear from you :) Was wondering how it was all going with baby girl..good to hear that she is growing well.
    Hear you about the males in the household..well, my hubby and one of our dogs..they have both been in irritable moods for the past week...wonder if it`s man pms..;P

    返信削除
  2. Glad to see you posting again. I too was wondering what was happening with you all :)

    The whole time I have been pregnant I have been waiting for the doctor to tell me that she is a big baby. So many of my friends both in RL and on blogs have been told their baby is big but never end up being that big. It's strange though because according to my Aussie pregnancy books Baby N is waying more than average - which in definition should mean she is a HUGE baby compared to Japanese standards... weird!

    Gosh, I don't know what I would do with an active baby. Baby N really doesn't move around that much at all - mainly at night from about 10pm but never enough to keep me awake. I think I value my sleep too much, lol!

    Have you got any names picked out for baby girl yet?

    返信削除
  3. Hi colorbynumbers! Are you used to the cold again yet? I am well and truly over it! Lol about the males in your household having PMS. Maybe everyone just has the winter blues!

    Hi Nay! What was the latest approx. weight you were given for baby N? I had a look at an American site and our bub was 150g or so bigger than average which was a surprise. I guess we will see what happens.

    I get the most action from baby at night when I go to bed too but lately I am feeling her heaps during the day. Her movement doesn't keep me from sleeping but I am not sleeping that well. Lots of toilet trips and changing sides. Oh well not long to go now!

    We have pretty much decided on a name and are just thinking about kanji now. We are doing another Western sounding one. How about you guys?

    返信削除