2010年2月7日日曜日

Oh so tired.....

I think I have been unlucky enough to catch Liam's strep throat. At first I thought it was just allergies but yesterday and today I have been feeling awful. I am also super irritable which one of my students told me was a symptom of strep throat. Loss of appetite is also one apparently but not for me! I always wish I was one of those types who got sick and could lose weight lol. I probably eat more when I am sick as I feel sorry for myself. I made the choc-coconut slice that Achan posted this afternoon as my Aussie friend and her two girls are coming over for a play date on Tuesday. I of course had to try some to see if it was okay and it was rather hard to stop. It has been quite an eating weekend actually so now I am too scared to weigh myself.

Liam is fortunately all better but has to take antibiotics for two weeks. He has to take three doses a day which is hard to remember and as we are not that organised re: eating meals at the same time it takes a bit of thinking about.

Even though I have been feeling a little off, I have managed to get quite a bit done over the weekend. I took advantage of the sunny weather and washed all of the baby clothes I had given it to me from a friend. I also bought a few plastic drawers to put everything away in. Mum sent a box over of the stuff she had bought so I already have three big drawers full. I have quite a lot of 0000s so I hope baby isn't too big and can get a bit of use out of them. Speaking of baby, we have pretty much decided on a name which I will keep secret for the time being but I might use it to give her the nickname, Miss M :-)

Liam has his daycare concert next week and we were instructed to prepare a light blue top and pants by tomorrow. This proved to be quite a difficult task as there is really not that much light blue stuff around for boys but we finally found something that will have to do. They are more of an aqua like colour but were cheap which is always good. He is supposed to be playing a donkey so I have no idea why he is a blue donkey lol. We also went to Toys R Us to buy Liam a new helmet. I also got a cute pink baby blanket and some handkerchiefs. I am gradually getting stuff together which is good. The only big stuff we have to get are a car seat and a sling but we have basically decided on both online.

This week is not too busy workwise which is good. We do have a long day tomorrow though as I have my first class at 10 and my last at 5:30 so we won't get home until after 7. I only have 4 classes in total though plus Liam's swimming class and a dentist appointment for me. Liam is coming with me to the dentist so I hope he behaves. I told him he had to hold my hand like I do for him :-)

Alright I am ready for bed already so I had better try and get the boys of the house organised. Hope everyone has a great week!

14 件のコメント:

  1. Noah has only just grown out of his 0000 clothes and into his 000 clothes so hopefully miss M will be able to get some use out of hers!! He is actually still in some of his 0000 singlets and undersuits but anything with legs/feet he doesn`t fit into anymore as he has giant feet! hehe

    Sorry to hear you are sick, that sucks! Hope you are feeling better soon- such a shame when you are pregnant that there is not much you can take for it hey.

    Miss M huh? One of the girls names we had picked out for a girl started with an M. It was Mia! Are you going the Japanese route or western route? Or is that too much to ask?

    返信削除
  2. Ah, sounds like me. I envy people who get sick, lose some weight and feel better afterwards.
    That never happens for me, I pile on the pounds even when there is something wrong with my tummy. This fall I basically didn't eat for two days because nothing stayed down but then overcompensated the next two days since I was starving...ended up gaining weight... it's so weird...

    返信削除
  3. Sorry to hear you`re sick..I hate getting strep throat, one of the worst things I think..spoonfuls of honey always helped though.
    oh, if you are looking for a sling, I have one that got given to me, it`s a cross style one, across the back and front..never seen one like it but if you don`t mind you`re welcome to have it.

    返信削除
  4. Hope you're feeling better soon. A mother never gets the time she needs to rest and recouperate with a household to run and that's made worse when she's pregnant. Early nights and rest when you can!

    Have a great time with your friend. Is she the one who is moving? I hope you can still catch up with her occassionally.

    I'll second the gaining weight when sick statement!!

    返信削除
  5. Poor you :( I'm sorry to hear that you are sick. I hope you get better soon. Sending you lots of 'get well soon' vibes.

    I think for me, the hardest part about organising things for Baby N was deciding what size clothes to get and also what style to go for. I think April is a difficult month - it's still quite cool but is technically Spring with summer just around the corner...

    I can't wait to hear the name you have chosen for Miss M!! I am being eaten away with curiousity, lol!

    返信削除
  6. Lulu, glad to hear Noah fitted into his 0000 clothes for a while. As it has been so long since I had Liam I can't remember what the case was for him. He was less than 3kg though so I'm sure they fit him for a while. Noah having big feet is probably a sign he will be tall! Liam did too and he is very tall for his age in Japan.

    My Aussie friend here called her bub she had in September Mia! I like it too and it works well in both languages. We are adapting a Western name again this time and a hint is that it's 3 syllables in Japanese ;-)

    返信削除
  7. Hi Kaba! Thanks for commenting! I am glad that I am not the only one who puts on weight when they are sick. I seem hungrier than ever at the moment which is definitely crazy!

    返信削除
  8. Hi colorbynumbers! I don't ever remember hearing about strep throat in Australia! I think the first time I really heard of it was when Liam first got it a few years ago. Who knows if I really had it but I am feeling slightly better today :-)

    Thanks heaps for the offer of the sling but I have my heart set one of these http://babaslings.com/index.php I had a couple with Liam that never seemed to work that well but a friend has one of these and it looks great.

    返信削除
  9. Thanks Achan! I am feeling better today! The friend coming over tomorrow is the one who might be moving to Fukuoka but as it's so close to Yamaguchi we still should be able to see each other quite often. It gives me and excuse to hit Costco and the other shops there too :-)

    Have a good week!

    返信削除
  10. Thanks Nay! I hope you can stay healthy for the rest of your pregnancy! I cursed myself by bragging about how well I had been ;-)

    April is a tricky month re: clothes! I remember some Aprils that have been really warm and others that have been freezing. I hope it will be warmish this year as less clothes on a baby is definitely easier.

    I can't wait to hear the name you have decided for Baby N too! It starts with L right? ;-) Having Liam, I of course think L names are great :-) lol I have just realised that our family will be L,M,N and R. Does that mean I should try for O,P and Q too lol?

    返信削除
  11. A bit late commenting here! Sorry.
    Glad you're feeling better now, being sick while pregnant is not nice at all... Not long to go now!!!

    返信削除
  12. He he.. you know Midori is a fabulous name that works well in both languages don`t you?! ;-)

    Sorry to hear that you aren`t feeling well. I think I am on the verge of catching the lurgy that is going around everyone at the moment. Not good. :-( Hope you feel better soon. xx

    返信削除
  13. Hope you are feeling better by now! How has the weather been down your way? We've had cold and rainy/sleety here - definitely not conducive to feeling healthy or genki at all. How much longer till spring? ;)

    返信削除
  14. lol Midori is a fabulous name! Too bad we have already decided on something else ;-) Hope you have managed to stay healthy!

    Umebossy, the weather here has been awful too! I would love to hear spring is just around the corner!

    返信削除