2009年11月8日日曜日

Weekend eating!

I guess it's a common thing but I always seem to make a huge pig of myself on weekends. We are pretty busy during the week and not home a lot which is definitely a good thing! I have had the nibbles all day. Even though dinner is not too far away I just made myself a mini feast of cheese and tomato on crackers. It would have gone down even better with a glass of red but alas that won't be happening for a while.

It has been a pretty quiet weekend here. I had a couple of classes yesterday, one in the city and one at home. I went and had my haircut before my first class which was nice and relaxing. I love love the shampoo time! I got a free treatment which was a nice surprise. I used to get my hair coloured professionally too but it was getting a bit expensive so mum is now sending me over cheap Aussie hair dye and hub dyes it for me. He bitches and moans about having to do it but actually does a good job. Better than my mum who gets it all over my face and I then have to walk around for a few days with random wine red smudges on my face. Haha luckily my family doesn't know about this blog. I am actually a bit shy about sharing it with people I know! Is that weird?

Hub has been painting again today so I have had the job of keeping L entertained and stopping him going outside and whining at daddy. I don't really mind R having to deal with the whining but I don't trust L not to wander off. Last week he was missing for over half an hour as he went off with the neighbour to walk his dog. R had basically seen them go off but wasn't sure. Silly man! I made him go off in the car to look for them which he did but he came back saying they looked so happy that he just let them be. If it was me L would have been snatched away and taken home for a severe talking too. He still ended up getting the talking too but it happened when he finally got home with a yellow flower (weed?) for mummy and a strange nut like thing for daddy.

L and I went to get our seasonal flu shots on Friday. We ended up having to go to two different doctors as the place I had mine done wouldn't give L his as he had never been a patient there and they were giving priority to their existing patients. Very silly I thought! R goes there too and as he got the vac through work doesn't need to get it done. I tried to use this as an argument for letting L have his but of course he didn't work. So off we went to another clinic to get his done. They are offering the vac quite cheaply so it was a mad house. After it was done the doctor told us he probably wouldn't be able to get the second one as there would be no vaccines left. Dodgy!

16 件のコメント:

  1. That is silly that they wouldn`t do L`s flu shot at the clinic you went. How annoying. Glad you could get one- apparently without the second one kids still have a pretty good immunity to the flu anyway so hopefully the one will do the job if you can`t get the second one (or take L to the other clinic for something else, let him become an "existing patient" and then get the second one there)

    Haha at your husband dying your hair- I would dye mine here in Japan but have had it done before with questionable results so usually I just dye it back home and then let my natural colour come through in Japan. Maybe I could con my husband into dying my hair if mum sent me some dye? I have never used home dye before. My husband has been shaving my legs for me because the big baby belly was making it uncomfortable- he has not been so happy with his "chore" though.

    返信削除
  2. I have heard the same as Lulu about one shot being pretty effective with kids.They have actually run out of vaccines here so we are still waiting.And still considering if to do the Shingatta lot as well.

    I so want a haircut(and shampoo) at the moment but that will have to wait.One of life's little luxuries eh!Love that your Dh does your hair.I think men love doing things like this secretly;)

    And you mention food but you have to specify...And,OK,I am really hungry right now so wanted to have a virtual tour of your consumptions,especially as you have been to Costco lately;)

    返信削除
  3. Does your hairdresser have one of those water head massage machines? I've always been a bit iffy about people massaging my head but the machine that they had at the place I used to go to in Toyama was heaven! You sat back over one of those sinks as if you were going to get your hair shampooed and then they put the hood on and 5 minutes of water jet fun ensued. I haven't seen it anywhere else though.

    I always go OTT with food at the weekend... not that I'm too controlled during the week either! We are watching our way through Twin Peaks at the moment and S says it makes him want to eat doughnuts which usually means a trip to krispy kreme...and there's no way I can resist that :/

    返信削除
  4. Thanks for your comment on my blog. I'm still trying to figure things out and not too sure about where I should reply when someone comments! Although it looks like you've got the hang of blogging pretty quick! I think it'll be a long time before I get around to putting pics up!!!

    返信削除
  5. このコメントは投稿者によって削除されました。

    返信削除
  6. i Lulu! Some Japanese doctors are just crazy hey! I hope you are feeling better!

    Your hubby is sweet shaving your legs for you. I can't remember what I did when I was pregnant with L but I didn't have the biggest belly so maybe I managed. If he does that for you, I'm sure you could con him into dying your hair. Japanese guys are quite body conscious right so I'm sure they don't really mind it.

    返信削除
  7. Hi Marianne! It's unbelievable how quickly the vaccines are running out this year. I hope the flu stays away from your fam.

    Re: food I actually haven't been eating anything too exciting but just too much of everything. I got on the scales this morning and almost died. I will be getting a bollocking from the doctor at my next check up but will just ignore it. The yummy stuff I did get at Costco is mainly untouched. I got choc coated peanuts and mixed nuts but I am saving them for xmas. I got the yummy raviolli they have too but will save it for when I have friends over next.

    返信削除
  8. Hi Umebossy! My hairdresser doesn't have the machine you mentioned but it sounds divine. I love people massaging and touching my hair but if that did the same thing it would be even better.

    I'm glad it's not just me who goes overboard on the weekend. I have never tried krispy kreme donuts which could be a good thing. Ooh I was addicted to Twin Peaks when I was a high school student. It used to scare me silly though.

    返信削除
  9. Hi Kel! I have no idea about blogging either and am totally confused about the comments thing. Pictures will be a long way off for me too. I can't even figure out how to get my main page all in English.

    返信削除
  10. I always tend to eat less on the weekends (well, Sunday) since my husband is around to share. ;)

    We are having issues with the flu jab this year too. Got the regular flu ones for my son but my daughter is 2 days under the cut-off age and I usually get mine at my company but was off when I was supposed to apply so had to go round and try to get one at the regular clinics. Now we have a bunch of different issues for the piggy flu one and all of us have to go to different clinics at different times, twice each. That's 8 freaking visits! I won't rebel but I will whinge the whole way.

    To change your blog page to English, go to the main http://www.blogger.com/home page, that should be your Dashboard. The language change thing should be on the top right hand side in the cream area not the blue. My husband changes it back all the time so I have lots of practice changing this.

    Enjoying your blog, keep it up!

    返信削除
  11. cheese and tomato on crackers!?!?
    yum - sounds like a perfect weekend to me! (of course, the vino would have made it better, but I am suffering with you on that one for a while).

    Wandering off is scary - and is it just me, or is men's idea of "watching" the kids totally different to a mum's?!?

    The limited number of flu shots this year is crazy, right - it is like gold if you can even find somewhere that will do it for you!! Apparently, because Japan is making the swine flu vaccination too, they had to scale down production of seasonal flu vaccination (as they dont have the man power/room/number of eggs or whatever to make both at once), which is why this year the vaccines are in short supply. I am trying to hold out on going too many public places until we get our flu shots next week - I feel so paranoid!!

    返信削除
  12. Hi Medea! Thanks for your comment. I have been enjoying your blog for a while too. Your kids are gorgeous!

    I just tried to do the language change and it was already set to English so I have no idea what the go is.

    Wow about 8 visits for your piggy flu injections. That's crazy! I am hoping to get mine next week at my next obstet. appointment but I have no idea where to go about getting my sons.

    返信削除
  13. Hi tj! Men's idea of watching kids is definitely different to a mums. L has got up to a huge amount of mischief when daddy has supposed to be looking after him.

    Ooh I had no idea that was the reason there are so few flu vaccines. Are you getting the seasonal ones or shingata next week? I don't blame you for avoiding public places. I am paranoid too as it's everywhere around and I am teaching loads of kids but can't really do much. Just hope parents are sensible enough to keep their kids away if they are sick.

    返信削除
  14. Hi Nikki, just came across your blog, congratulations on your family news. Must get my mum to send some dye over too, (many a grey hair to cover.) Keep well with this cooler weather, finally caught up with Jackie, would love to catch up with you again sometime too. Desley

    返信削除
  15. Hi Desley! Thanks for the comment!I have the grey hair coverage issue too :-) I would love to get up to Sapporo one day and catch up with you and Jackie. I haven't been back to Hokkaido for over 10 years! Do you have a blog?

    返信削除
  16. Hi Nikki, no blog, have thought about it, but haven`t got around to it. 10 years, must be time for a visit, must admit I haven`t been back to Kushiro for about 7 years, time flies hey...

    返信削除