2009年11月15日日曜日

Busy busy.....

Lots has been happening since I last posted. I had an easier than usual work week as I had a couple of afternoons off at the school I teach at because of parent/teacher interviews. I have also had a few cancellations because of the flu. We are all healthy for the moment so hopefully we stay that way for a while.

I had a lovely afternoon last Wednesday. I had a big gap between classes so first I met my Canadian friend Beth for a yummy Italian lunch and then I took myself off to the movies. I watched The Ugly Truth which was silly as expected but light and soppy so I enjoyed it. I took in a secret stash of choccies so that made it more enjoyable too.

I have been to the hospital to visit my friend Kerry for the last two days. Her 2 month old, Mia has the RS virus and as she is so little her doctor wants to monitor her and make sure it doesn't get too serious. Mia is dealing with it all very well and is still her cute smiley stuff but I feel sorry for Kerry. She is stuck in this tiny little room that only has a fold up bed and TV in it and she is feeling very bored. She has two older kids who are not allowed to visit so she is missing them too. I spent a few hours with her today and yesterday so at least she had a bit of company. I also enjoyed the break away from Liam (I am over using initials!) and hub. I just told hub I am happy that he will be back at work tomorrow as I will at least get a bit of peace and quiet lol!

As hubby was outside painting again today I decided that Liam and I should bake a cake to keep him occupied. I am not much of a baker and can only remember ever making one cake before so I was a little worried about how it would turn out but it ended up being okay. We had a few ripe bananas so I found a recipe online for one with lemon icing. Hubby reckons the icing was sour but this is the man who thinks that strawberries are sour so I didn't expect anything else :-) Liam who in the end didn't help at all in the baking process thinks it's yummy tho. I also made a big fruit salad as I have been craving it lately. I took up both some cake and fruit salad to my friend in hospital and both were hits. I saw her dinner before I left and I don't how she is surviving on such unappetising food. She is using it as a good chance to diet :-)

It is now less than a month until my mum arrives which we are all looking forward to. It makes life so much easier having her around to help out with Liam when I am teaching such crazy hours. He is also going through an anti daycare phase so he will enjoy staying at home with his granny. Hubby is looking forward to the Bundy Rum she always brings over for him. My brother and his wife are coming over for Christmas which will be lovely too. It will be the first time we have all been together for Christmas and the first time in 4 years that my mum, bro and I have been together. My mum usually alternates between spending it here or with my brother and this year she was supposed to be in Australia but my brother decided to come here. Yay! I am little bit sad that I will probably be the only sober one on Christmas day but I will have to make up for it in the eating department.

I am back to the doctor on Friday for my monthly check up. I am looking forward to it as I feel so normal and not particularly pregnant so it will be reassuring to have an ultrasound and see bub. I will be 18 weeks so I'm hoping there might be a chance I can find out the sex but not too hopeful as my dr has a reputation of not saying anything until he is 99% sure. Can always hope though :-)

6 件のコメント:

  1. It sounds like your mum is doing something very similiar to what my mum plans on doing with my sister and I. This year my mum is flying out here for Christmas (she arrives in exactly a month. So very close to when your mum arrives?) which I am very excited about. I would love it if the rest of my family would come as well but I can't imagine it ever happening. It sounds like you guys are going to have a wonderful Christmas this year!!

    I can't wait to hear all about your next doctor's appointment - I hope you are planning on updating us all :)

    I hope you able to find out the sex of your little one! As much as I wanted to find out the sex of Baby N though, I think I would have rather waited till the doctor could give a more definite answer... Planning on updating my blog tomorrow so please come over and read it :)

    返信削除
  2. Hi Nay! My mum arrives on December 10 so just a few days before your mum. It's so nice having family here for Christmas. Is your mum coming over for Baby's N birth too?

    I have actually been thinking about you and wondering if you had been back to the doctor lately. Look forward to reading your post tomorrow :-) I'm sure I will blog about my appointment too!

    返信削除
  3. Oh yum, fruit salad. I love fruit salad. I wish fruit was cheaper here...

    How scary for your friend with the sick baby- I hope Mia recovers soon. Sending positive healing vibes their way.

    How nice that your mum, brother & SIL are coming for Christmas- it will be great for Liam too now that Christmas is getting more exciting for him I am sure. My mum arrives the day after Christmas but we are not really planning anything since Goma-chan will have probably just arrived and I am sure my focus will be on him. Looking forward to some present unwrapping though!

    返信削除
  4. Oh and good luck at your Friday appointment! Hope they can give you a hint on the sex!

    返信削除
  5. LMAO at your Christmas without booze comment;this time last year Millie was just 6 weeks old and I had to toughen my self up at the thought of a sober Christmas and one in the UK at that.Worked out fine though and rather nice to wake up alert of Boxing day;)

    So sorry for your friend and baby in hospital.But perhaps it is best to keep a close eye on the wee one.Hope they can go home very soon.

    Mots impressed with the cake;I am like you and rarely(ie never!) bake.Now,if I had a real oven,I am sure that I would try more....;)

    Oh,and as for the sex of the baby...I say girl:)

    返信削除
  6. Hi Marianne! You must be enjoying having hub at home!

    Please have a drink or two for me this Christmas! What do you have planned?

    Baby Mia and mum are now out of the hospital which is good news!

    This bub's sex is still unknown but I will update soon :-)

    返信削除