2009年12月1日火曜日

Long time no blog

I have no idea where the last half of November went and am in shock it's December already! I got my first Christmas card yesterday from a friend in the UK so I guess that means I better get my butt into gear and start organising mine. I used to be super slack about Christmas cards but after living here for so long realised it's actually nice to get them and for that to happen it's really a reciprocal deal :-)

I am having a lovely week as the school has tests on so I don't have to go in at all! I still have my private classes but having 8 classes less than usual is definitely nice. Liam and I headed to a shopping centre about 40 minutes away from here to meet up with another foreign wife and bub for the first time. We "met" on Facebook on a Yamaguchi teacher's page and organised to meet up. We are the same age with one kid and another on the way so it was really nice to hang out. Hopefully we can do it again soon and get some play groups happening in the future. Anyway, today we had pizza and pasta for lunch, did some shopping and then had cake and coffee at Starbucks. Yum yum! Felt the need to do the exercise bike when I got home but after that and vegie soup for dinner I am feeling slightly less piggish.

I have an unusually social week as tomorrow Aussie friend and her two girls are coming over for lunch and a play. I am making pasta sauce at the moment to have with yummy Costco ravioli. I am so not a morning person but my friend is and will probably be here early so at least if the sauce is done just throwing everything together will be easy. I need time to give the house a quick do over as well.

Then Thursday Liam and I are off to lunch with my lovely obachan student after class. I have been teaching two 60ish Japanese ladies for the last 7 year or so and they are like my Japanese mums. Unfortunately only one can come to class this week as the other's great nephew has the flu and as she was around him she doesn't want to risk giving it to me.

After working crazy hours for the last two months, Ryuji is finally getting home at a decent hour. For basically all of October and November he was leaving home at 6:20 and not getting home until 11 which meant Liam and I hardly ever saw him during the week. Before getting pregnant I still would have been up when he got home but lately if I am not asleep by then I am definitely snug in bed getting ready to be that way. But as of yesterday, he has been getting home at 7 so we have been doing the family dinner thing and then he showers with Liam and goes up to bed with him. It means Liam's bedtime is a bit later than if I was doing it but it also means that I get some me time which is definitely lovely.

My mum arrives next Friday which has come about quite quickly. She only left at the start of October but the time seemed to drag by until recently. She is here for a month this time and then will come back in April hopefully before the baby is born. Liam's birthday is on the 19th so she will come a week or so before that. Baby's due date is the 21st and as Liam was 8 days late she should be here. If she's not I guess baachan will have to step up and help out with Liam.

My last ob/gyn appointment was quite uneventful so I didn't post about it. I was hoping to both find out the baby's sex and get the new flu shot but neither happened. Baby was upside down and had its back towards us so we couldn't see anything. Major disappointment but next time I go I will be 22 weeks so if baby co-operates we should have a good chance of finding out. Re: the flu shot, there are at least 250 women at my clinic who want to get it but the clinic apparently only received 50 vaccines in November so gave them to the women who are furthest along in their pregnancy. My doctor seemed to think I would be able to get it at my next appointment at the middle of this month but who knows what will happen. Everyone around me seems to be getting it so I guess I just hope to be lucky enough not to. Liam got his shot last week too so hopefully that will mean he is less likely to bring it home from daycare.

Okay this is turning into a novel and a hot shower is calling me so I will be off :-)

5 件のコメント:

  1. busy busy! glad to hear you are well and that all is going well with bubs. Good to hear you get some `me` time too..Mum`s kinda get the short end of the stick on that one.
    Must be nice to have your mum visit so often, and will be a great help when no 2 comes along.

    返信削除
  2. I can't believe that it's December either! The whole year has just zoomed past for me, it's kind of scary.

    Sounds like you have a good week going on and how great that you'll have your mum here for the festive period! Do you have any special plans or will you just be taking it easy at home?

    返信削除
  3. I started writing out my Christmas cards today - the first couple are fun but then they get so boring and tedious!! I never get many back so sometimes I wonder why I bother but oh well... I have to get into the Christmas spirit somehow!

    I'm sorry you didn't find out the sex of your bub at your last appointment. I know how much you are wanting to know. Fingers crossed that at your next appointment the baby cooperates and shows you his/her 'bits', lol!

    Not long now before your mum arrives!! My mum arrives next Sunday and is here for a month as well :) I can't wait!!

    返信削除
  4. It is great having my mum visit so much but I'm not sure that hubby feels the same way ;-) Nah he actually doesn't mind as she supplies him with Bundy rum every visit!

    Umebossy, I agree that this year has gone unbelievably quickly! Ever since turning 30 really the time seems to be going faster. My brother and his wife are coming over for xmas too so I'm sure we will get up to lots of fun stuff and maybe a few day trips around the prefecture. What do you have planned?

    Nay, hope you get your Christmas cards finished quickly. I forgot to buy mine yet again. Might be a job for the weekend. You must be excited about your mum coming too! It seems there are lots of mums coming over this month which is lovely for us all! When are you back to the doctors this month? Hope you can confirm Baby N's girliness then :-)

    返信削除
  5. Time really is flying by!! :-)
    Joey's due date was April 21st and that is also his birthday so hopefully it will be lucky for you as well! ;-)
    It is awesome that your Mum can come and visit so much.

    返信削除