2009年10月25日日曜日

First post

After being an avid reader of various foreign wives in Japan's blogs for the last few years I decided to bite the bullet and start my own. I like writing but have never been much of a diary writer even so we'll see how I go. After living in Japan for so long my written English is rather dodgy too so hopefully blog writing will help it a bit. I especially look forward to getting to know some of the writers of the blogs I love to read!

We are having a quiet Sunday here! Hubby R is outside painting our house. He is doing it himself as it is so expensive to get it done professionally but it's a never ending job! He was really into it for a while but for the last couple of weeks has been slacking off big time. Probably the 15 hour days he has been working aren't helping either! The yard is a huge mess with scaffolding and paint supplies all over the place so really hope he finishes soon. At least it's an excuse for me not to do the weeding though. Son L doesn't like the fact that daddy is too busy to play with him so we have some huge meltdowns which I would like to see the end of too. He is quietly watching Animalia at the moment so hopefully that will keep him distracted for a while. I have lots of things I should be doing but of course procrastinating on here is much more enjoyable.

I'm not looking forward to work this week as I have classes everyday except for Sunday. I thought less people wanted to study English with the economy the way it is but I seem to be getting more and more students. Usually I wouldn't keep accepting them but I keep thinking about how poor we will be after the baby is born in April so will somehow keep at it. I will have to take some time off of course and don't know when and what classes I will be able to resume anyway. If I have superbaby who sleeps all the time it might be easy enough but as 4 year old L doesn't even sleep through the night all the time now I am not so hopeful.

L has just announced he is going to make daddy lunch by mixing egg, sugar and tomato sauce in a bowl so I had better go and check it out!

9 件のコメント:

  1. Hi Nikki, nice to *meet* you and thanks for stopping by my blog. Blogging is addictive so be careful, I have been doing it for 3.5 years now!

    Congrats on baby #2. That is 3 Japan bloggy babies now due in April I think (Nay, TJ & you...hope I am not forgetting anyone!) and their definitely seems to be a bit of a boom lately.

    Also, what is Animalia, is it a show?

    Where in Australia are you from?

    You are lucky to have so many private students I think- I tried to find some when I came back but obviously did not do a very good job. I hope to find some mum`s too teach once Goma-chan arrives. Mum`s that don`t care if I bring the baby along. Haha. Now that I am supposed to rest due to baby threatening to come early I have held off on my search but will hopefully get back into it once baby arrives and I get the baby thing down pat (hopefully won`t take too long but I may be delusional!)

    返信削除
  2. Congratulations on kidlet number 2 on the way! I am the same way, trying to remember what little babies are all about....the other day I was holding a 7month old while her mum went to the loo, but I was caught out when she started crying.... I so couldn't remember what to "do" with them when this happened. hehe. also holding a 9 week old bbay when back home, I was like "it doesn't do much". How quickly we forget.....Hope it comes back to us!

    返信削除
  3. Hi Lulu! Thanks for being my first commenter! I hope goma chan decides to stay put and you can be a bit more active for the rest of your pregnancy. Finding some mum students after he is born sounds like a plan! I am hoping some of my adult students will be okay with me bringing bub along too.

    I am from Townsville. You are from QLD too right? I was surprised that a lot of the Aussie bloggers in Japan seem to be from there.

    By the way, Animalia is a DVD. Did you ever read the book as a child?

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animalia_(book)

    A friend of mine bought it for Liam when we were back in Australia last time and he loves it.

    Take care!

    返信削除
  4. Hi TJ! Thanks for stopping by!

    I have been having similiar experiences with friend's babies. I have a good Aussie friend here who just had no. 3 so I have been having a bit of contact with a newborn but it all seems very new. I'm sure it will come back to us :-)

    Hope your morning sickness has calmed down!

    返信削除
  5. Hi Nikki,

    Thanks for your comments on my blog - especially the one on the swine flu vaccination!!

    It's so nice to meet another Aussie in Japan. I hope you enjoy blogging. Like Lulu said, it does become very addictive!! I started my blog for the same reasons as you - I was sick of lurking on blogs and wanted to comment so I started my own!! I now can't imagine not blogging.

    Congratulations on your 2nd pregnancy!! It's nice having other blogging friends due around the same time as me. I hope we can become a good support network for each other :)

    返信削除
  6. Hi Nay,

    Thanks for your comment! I can imagine blogging is addictive. I am already addicted to the net and facebook but hopefully by blogging I will be doing something slightly productive.

    Have you decided what you are going to do about the swine flu vac? I'm going to get it but am now unsure what to do about the seasonal flu vac.

    返信削除
  7. Hey there, just thought I would say hi! I'm another reader/lurker who just started a blog recently - not quite at the babies stage yet but am totally loving reading about everyone else's families, hope you don't mind if I add yours to my list too! :)

    返信削除
  8. Ooh.. how exciting that you have started your own blog!! :-) I know I am supremely late but congrats on the pregnancy!! Very exciting that bub number two will be an April baby as well. (We already know that they are best! LOL!)

    返信削除
  9. Hi Midori! Thanks for stopping by! April babies rock ;-) Can you believe the boys will be 5?!? My due date and L's birthday are very close so fingers crossed baby doesn't come then.

    返信削除