2009年10月29日木曜日

Two nightmare days over for another week!

I seriously hate my Wednesdays and Thursdays at the moment. I teach about 24 classes a week but 14 of them are on Wednesday and Thursday. I have no idea how I got myself into it but it's here to stay for the moment. On Wednesdays, I teach at L's daycare in the morn, three classes at the high school, two primary school boys and then two court clerks. I don't finish until 6:30 so L stays until daycare until late which he is not very impressed about. Then Thursday, I have a private class with two older ladies in the morning, three classes at the school and then four classes at home in the arvo. My mother in law works part time at a nursing home but fortunately she organises to have Thursday off so she can take care of L while I do my afternoon classes here. I got myself in the silly situation of letting the parent's of my students wait in the living room while I teach. There are some siblings that have classes after each other so it seemed like an okay idea at the start but it's really not good at all. I have to make sure the living room is in a reasonable state and then the mothers seem to think it's gossip time for them so they don't really watch their kids and let them run riot in and outside of the house. I know I really should say something but the money I get for these Thursday classes is a fair chunk and I really can't afford to lose it.

Anyway, enough of my bitching, tomorrow is Friday and I only have two classes. Yay! I am looking forward to a sleep in on Saturday. I don't have classes until 10 at the earliest so we don't have to get up too early usually but 8 o'clock has been a struggle for me this week.

I am still getting used to this whole blogging thing. I can't seem to change the language to English on my main page and I am unsure about the whole comment thing. If someone leaves a comment on one of your posts and you respond to it, how often do they actually see it? Sorry for the silly questions :-)

Enjoy your Fridays!!!!!

2 件のコメント:

  1. Wow your Wednesday`s and Thursday`s really are crazy! I mean it is good that you have so much work but 14 classes in 2 days. WOW! (I had trouble finding stuff when I came back to Japan but hope to find some more steady private students once baby arrives and is a bit older, although it will have to be lessons I can take him too)

    I think I will be getting my MIL/FIL to watch the baby occasionly if I do find a day a week or work somewhere- I am not sure she would come to the apartment and do it though so I would need to take the baby to her and then pick him up. And we do not have a car. So that might be a pain. It is nice that your MIL watches L for you on Thursday`s.

    What will you do once you get closer to baby #2 arriving?

    Haven`t really used blogger before so can not really help with the language change thing but the comment thing, well, I sometimes go back to re-read the comments but other times I am really lazy and don`t. I am also really bad at replying to comments on my own blog. I sometimes re-check the post before when I come to comment on a new post though (like now I read about the dvd players)... If I ask a question in a comment and really want to know the answer I will tick the box for receiving follow up comments but sometimes this ends up clogging up my email.

    返信削除
  2. Hi Lulu! Once you start getting a few students I'm sure you will pick up lots more. I started off by making flyers and got hardly any responses but now everything is just by word of mouth. Hopefully you can get some students who will come to you too. That would make it easier with bub.

    I will stop working at the highschool in March when the school year finishes but would like to keep up my privates for as long as I can before my due date. Then I guess I will take a few months off and see what happens.

    返信削除