2009年10月31日土曜日

Off to Costco tomorrow!

Yay for ETC and cheap highway travel as we can make it down to Fukuoka and Costco a lot more. We only used to visit a couple of times a year before big events such as Christmas or L's birthday but recently we have been going every couple of months. I was trying to hold off until before Christmas but I need a few staples like pasta, cheese and canned stuff. We are going to head to the You Me Town in Hakata first. They have a tiny kid's NEXT store so I like to check it out and I also wouldn't mind looking at a few clothes for me. I am not a fan of the maternity clothes here so am trying to stay in normal clothes for as long as possible. I bought a couple of knit dresses that are big and flowy so will work well over leggings and hopefully I will wear again when I'm not pregnant. Being a bigger city though there might be some semi decent maternity stuff so I will check it out. It's supposed to rain tomorrow but hopefully it's not too bad. Loading a load of Costco stuff in the car will not be fun otherwise.

Planning to leave at 8 tomorrow morning which will be a bit harsh. I am so not a morning person but if I have something to look forward I can usually handle it. We will skip breakfast and get something on the way so at least we will just have to get up, get dressed and get out the door. Fun fun! I am such a shopaholic that even grocery shopping is exciting for me.

So is everyone getting ready for the cold snap coming up? I am guessing it will be all over Japan but it looks like it will be majorly chilly from Monday. I finally changed our doona from the thin summer type to a big thick one today. We have to drag the heaters out and buy some kero tomorrow though. I still am not a fan of winter in Japan. I lived in Hokkaido for 10 months when I was a uni student but I don't know how I survived as the winters in Yamaguchi even kill me.

After thinking about my over spending on groceries this week I decided I would make dinner with what was in the fridge even though there wasn't much. I found 2 small packs of mince and chicken in the freezer so decided to make a pasta sauce for the boys. We had some eggplant, capsicum, spinach and a yellow zucchini so it actually ended up being quite nutritious. I had sweet potato with yogurt and salad and sweet chili sauce. Might sound strange but it actually tastes really good.

Better do my chores so I can get to bed at a reasonable hour. I took advantage of the lovely sunny day and did about 4 loads of washing. Shit that reminds me I washed some jumpers and forgot to take them out of the washing machine. I must be suffering from pregnancy brain already. I hope they aren't smelling too rank.

Edited to add:

We just had our first ever kids come here trick or treating. We only had rice crackers and a few random lollies to give them. I wanted to say I was Australian so we don't celebrate Halloween but hubby is kinder than me :-)

7 件のコメント:

  1. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...I am SO jealous.I haven't made it to Costco in years.Takes about 4 and a half-5 hours for us.But you never know,we may make it there some day and would be great to meet up amongst all the cheese,pasta,pizzas,bread,lamb etc etc;)

    返信削除
  2. Wow I didn't realise you were so far away. It only takes us an hour and a half so we are spoilt. Your purse is probably a lot happier than mine though ;-)

    返信削除
  3. love love love Costco..wish we were a bit closer. Takes us about 3 hours from here. But it is on the way to Osaka which we tend to visit a lot since ETC became cheap :) Maybe when Alex is a bit bigger she will be able to handle the longer times in the car and the longer times out..she`s starting to hate her car seat so will have to wait and see.

    返信削除
  4. Yeah I love it too but always spend way too much! How old is Alex? My son is 4 and he tolerates being in the car but is forever asking how much longer and where are we? Gets old after a while ;-)

    返信削除
  5. Alex is 11 months old..guess she doesn`t enjoy being restrained anymore in her car seat..

    返信削除
  6. The things we do for cheese! Hope your trip was productive :) Ooh, you cook meaty stuff for your husband and son? How do you handle it? I stopped eating meat when I was about 12 so I haven't really had any experience cooking it...also we only have one gas burner (grr) so chances of me doing anything with a meaty version and veggie version are slim... I'm not averse to doing it in the future but I'm just scared that I'll poison S because I'm not able to test/taste!

    返信削除
  7. Yup I started cooking meaty stuff for my hub about 6 months after we starting going out. Looking back now I must have been smitten lol! Because of not being able to taste stuff I only do really simple stuff and usually just meat in a sauce or something. My son is not a huge meat fan either so if I am just cooking for him and I we both do the veggie thing. One gas burner must be tough! We have 3 and I have all of them going at times.

    返信削除