2010年3月1日月曜日

Not much to say......

Not much of excitement has been going on lately so I'm not really sure what I'm going to blog about. Probably the most exciting this that has happened is that Liam lost his first tooth yesterday. He is only 4 (5 in April) so it seems kind of early but he already had 4 adult teeth come in at the back so it was expected. His tooth had been loose for a while but he wasn't too sure what to do about it. It was hanging by a thread yesterday though so I convinced him to give it a tug and out it popped. There was a bit of blood which would usually freak him out but he was fine with it. We wrapped it up in some plastic and he took it upstairs with him when he went to bed. The tooth fairy had left him 500yen this morning which he was very excited about. I convinced him it would be a good idea to try and save all his tooth fairy money up to buy something big and surprisingly he was up it so we popped it into a money box for him.

This week is quite lazy as I don't have any classes at the school. Today is the graduation ceremony and then the students have tests for the rest of the week. Liam and I had a lovely sleep in this morning and are still in our PJs. We don't have to go out until after lunch which is nice as it's rainy and chilly outside. Liam has swimming class at 3 but before that we are heading to the hospital to visit a friend/student's mum who had a baby boy last Thursday. It is her third child and as she had two girls first she is very happy about having a boy. I bought some cute Pumpkin Patch clothes online to give to her so I will take them up today and check out baby boy. It's the same hospital that I go to and I will be back there again tomorrow for an appointment. I am taking Liam with me for the first time so I'm hoping he's going to behave himself.

The last couple of months of pregnancy seem to be dragging by. I have also been suffering big time from indigestion and heartburn so feel quite uncomfortable. It has fortunately stopped me from pigging out so much as the scales were getting a little scary but it's no fun having it last all day long. I have been propping myself up a bit when I go to bed which helps me sleep but I still probably only sleep for an hour or so at a time. Last night I was wide awake at 4AM for who knows how long. I guess my body is getting itself ready for the middle of the night wake ups with Miss M.

I am in the process of sorting out Liam's Aussie passport renewal. It's not up until June but as things are going to be busy and we are planning to go to Australia in July I thought I would get it out of the way. There's such a lot of paper work and money to fork out. I still find it unbelievable that I have to get our family register professionally translated for the embassy. I could easily do it myself but am of course not allowed. It's not like the embassy don't have Japanese staff or even foreign staff who could understand it. Aargh! Anyway, I have sent it off to a translation company in Fukuoka who will hopefully get it sorted for me quite quickly. If there are any bloggers out there who are qualified to do this kind of thing please let me know as I will have to do it again when I get Miss M's Aussie passport. I would much rather pay one of you than some random translation company :-)

Alright, enough of my ramblings! Happy Monday everyone!!!!!!

9 件のコメント:

  1. What a very kind toothfairy 500 yen WOW! Miss sunshine lost hers before her 5th birthday too, I thought we all lost ours at school mmm.

    The Australian Gov is really strict on the translations so even if one of our dear blogger friends can do it make sure that they are approved by the Australian gov. We sent ours off for MR Happy and the company kindly told us they could do it because the Aust Gov didn't recognise their com. I respect their honesty

    返信削除
  2. I meant to say heartburn is the most uncomfortable part of pregnancy. Have you tried eliminating the foods that are the worst offenders? caffeine, oranges, tomatoes and chocolate? It doesn't always work but it may help. Your pregnancy is drawing to an end...getting all excited now I bet!!

    返信削除
  3. I didn't know that Liam is a April baby as well :) April is definitely a great time for a birthday - in both Australia and Japan. Is his birthday at the beginning or end of April?

    Oh you poor woman - I can't imagine having heartburn and indigestion all the time. I have only had it once so far and that was enough :( It's really comfortable, hey!

    Totally unrelated question... but are you going to give Miss M a middle name?

    返信削除
  4. Achan, my mum said that when my brother and I were kids we got a dollar from the tooth fairy so I guessed 20-25 years later 500yen was fair. Does the tooth fairy visit your kidlets?

    I have tried to pinpoint the foods that give me heartburn but it doesn't seem like it is anything in particular! Some days I get it after drinking decaf tea in the morning so I guess I will just have to grin and bear it for the next 7 weeks. It hasn't been too bad for the last couple of days so touch wood!

    Nay, April seems to be the month for everything in our family. Hubby and I met and got married in April, Liam was born and now Miss M too! Liam's birthday is April 19, 2 days before my due date! I so don't want to be in hospital for it so I hope Miss M is either at least a week early or waits until her due date.

    I don't have a middle name so have never thought about one for our kids. Is Baby N going to have one? The Aust. govt. seems so strict about stuff lately. I had no problem having Liam's name spelt normally for his citizenship and passport but it's not that easy anymore right? :-( We will have the same spelling issue with Miss M so I hope getting the Jp. passport first is going to make it doable.

    返信削除
  5. Not long to go now!!! I had heartburn during my pregnancy too and it sucked...Mylanta was great though- do you have some?

    What Achan said is true- they need to be NAATI certified translators- i had a friend put me in touch with a guy in Tokyo who is doing Noah`s...he is just charging me for postage which is great!

    Hope the heartburn eases!

    返信削除
  6. Nice toothfairy! We only ever got 20 or 50c depending on what tooth it was..

    AS for the translation, yeah, you need a NAATI certified translator. I got in a bit of mess with my first one, found a better translator second time round. Lulu`s suggestion sounds good, easier to get it done within Japan too.

    Hope youre heartburn is easing off..

    返信削除
  7. Hi Lulu! Not long to go but my due date still seems so far away! Thankfully the heartburn seems to have gone away for the moment but I might get my mum to send me some Mylanta.

    You are so lucky to be only charged the postage for your translation! I went through a company in Fukuoka and was charged 6300 yen(price for 2 pages even tho our koseki tohon is only a page and 3 lines!) plus a credit card fee. So expensive for such a tiny job! Are you applying for Noah's passport soon? You will have to let me know how you go with getting his name spelt correctly.

    返信削除
  8. Hi colorbynumbers! I got Liam's translation done by a lovely MIJ lady who was NAATI certified. She unfortunately has since left the country! I am majorly annoyed with the Australian embassy though as I found out yesterday from a British friend that the British embassy doesn't even ask for a translation as obviously they have a branch in Japan and there are people who can look at documents. Grrrr!

    返信削除
  9. 500 yen? Wow! I guess that the Japanese Tooth Fairy has more to go around because there are less kids who leave teeth out for her ;) I think I got about 50p when I was little but I suppose with inflation...

    返信削除