2010年3月23日火曜日

Recent happenings

It has been a while since I last blogged. I often think about it but then get caught up in the general craziness of life. I finished teaching at the school last year so shouldn't be as busy as usual but we still seem to have something going on everyday. I prefer being busy to just sitting around though and if it means the time passes quicker until my due date that is always good too.

I am 36 weeks tomorrow so excited to be in the last month. I wish I could stop putting on weight though. With Liam, I didn't put on any weight for the last two months so I was hoping that would happen this time too but that is certainly not the case! I am eating quite well and trying to do low carb at night but the scales are being very nasty. At my appointment last week, my doctor told me I could put on another two kilograms but that's it! I don't really care about what he says but I would prefer not to put on much more myself as it will be harder to get it off. Baby girl is looking to be average Japanese size. Dr predicts she will be around 3kg but we will have to wait and see. We have changed our mind about her name too! I was referring to her as Miss M but she is now Miss K :-) It is actually a shortened version of the name we were first thinking of. The M name was a bit long so we decided simpler was probably better.

It is less than three weeks until my mum arrives which we are all looking forward too. I am hoping baby stays put until then as I would worry about Liam being looked after by the inlaws. I'm sure he would be okay but I would be constantly worried about what he was being fed and whether his teeth were being brushed. I shouldn't be too rude though as Ryuji came home with 100,000 yen today from his father as a present for the baby. Very nice of him! We will just put in our savings as they will become very depleted over the next year. April is a big month for bills so it will definitely come in handy.

We have had a couple of fun international family get togethers over the last couple of weeks. The last two Sundays, the three of us, a British woman and her hubby and baby as well as a German woman, her hubby and three boys have hung out. Last Sunday, we had a picnic in the park which was really nice. It was a bit windy but nice and sunny so after the picnic we had a good walk around the park. There is also a mini zoo so the kids checked out the very sad looking animals. It's fun to hang out with similar families. Unfortunately, the other two women don't have driver's licences and live in very isolated areas so we can only really meet up on the weekend or if I visit them. I'm sure we'll work something out though. I have already invited them to Liam's birthday party next month. We usually give him a big party but as his birthday is two days before my due date we weren't sure what we going to do for him. After chatting with my mum, we decided to just do an afternoon tea which if need be can be cancelled if the baby comes early and I am in hospital. He is turning 5 which he is very excited about so it will be nice to do something for him.

I did my interpreting job last week and it went well. There were only 6 foreign doctors that I had to interpret for and they were all very nice. Unfortunately the tour guide was a little annoying and I cringed while interpreting some of her not so funny jokes but it was all quite doable. We made a sudden trip to some caves though and I had trouble pulling out stalagmites and stalactites. Luckily the doctors were happy to help me out haha.

I have a Japanese friend and her two kids coming over for a play and then dinner tomorrow night. I never know what to feed my Japanese friends as feel funny cooking Japanese stuff but am also not sure what Western stuff they would eat. I have decided to keep things easy though and will make ribs as Ryuji loves them, a vegie gratin and a salad. Hopefully it will be enough to feed everyone. I wouldn't mind adding another dish but don't know what would go with the other stuff. Then on Friday I am babysitting my Aussie friend's 4 year old and 2 year old while she goes off to the hairdresser for a straight perm. Liam is going to love having so many play dates. He and my friend's 4 year old have been friends since birth but as they have very different personalities sometimes clash. Hopefully Friday will be peaceful though. It will be good if the weather's nice and we can get out for a walk to the park.

Alright getting sleepy so chat again soon :-)



3 件のコメント:

  1. Wow you sound like you have been super busy! Can`t believe you are now in the last month- time has flown by! And miss K huh? I am trying to think of names that might have started with M but could be shortened to a K name and I think I have one that might have worked- not sure if I should say though in case I guess right?!? hehe! It would work in Japanese and ENglish though! I love guessing names and thinking about baby names!!!

    I never know what to cook for Japanese friends either but usually go the western route! Or if it is a lot of people then nabe!!! hehe!

    Good luck with your last month!

    返信削除
  2. Congrats on making it to the 36 week mark - you are now in the final stretch!! Only a few more days till you will be considered full term - YAY!! I am soooooooooo intrigued to Miss K's name. This final month is going to kill me waiting till I can find out :)

    Keeping busy really does make the weeks go by quickly. Up until now I have had plans for most weekends and haven't really felt the days drag by. Now though, because I have nothing planned at all, everyday feels like it lasts forever :(

    Whenever I cook for Japanese friends I always cook something 'western' but can be found in Japan - like pasta or pizza or something. Lulu's suggestion of nabe is good too!!

    返信削除
  3. Lulu, you are probably right with the K name :-) We are now trying to decide on a kanji.

    Nay, I can't wait to hear baby N's name too! Yay, that your due date is so soon! You must be excited. I hope she doesn't make you wait too long!

    返信削除