2010年3月29日月曜日

36 weeks!

Liam and I got up bright and early today to head to the clinic. I like to get there by opening time (9 o'clock) as it means you get out a hell of lot quicker. There were a few people in front of us but we were out before 10 which was good. Everything is looking good with baby! She is around 2600g and the doctor said it was okay to go into labour anytime now as I was past 36 weeks. I thought 37 weeks was considered full term in the western world but as I am 37 weeks on Wednesday all should be okay. Baby isn't engaged or anything so I can't see her making her appearance anytime too soon. My weight was less than at my appointment 2 weeks ago which I was very happy about. I haven't been doing anything too different but I guess pregnancy just makes your weight do crazy things. I have just had my usual after doctor pig out which was as enjoyable as usual :-)

So now I am on weekly appointments. It will be good when my mum gets here as she can look after Liam. He is not too badly behaved but wants to know about everything that is going and is also constantly asking me if I am going to have a needle as he is so scared of them. I have to get a blood test next week apparently so I will have to think about distracting him or seeing if baachan can look after him.

The weather is doing very strange things today. It was nice and sunny when I got up so I hung out all the washing but then it started going very dark so I brought everything in which was fortunate as it started raining torrentially. It's been sunny and rainy again since so I don't think the heavens can make up their mind what they want to do. A friend who lives about 30 minutes from here said it was snowing too. Crazy! Where on earth is spring? All the rain is going to make the cherry blossoms disappear too which isn't good as we have hanami planned for the weekend.

My crazy father rang up last night as he had heard from one of his friends (whose daughter I am friends with) that Liam had had his daycare graduation. My friend saw the photos I posted on Facebook and must have either showed or told her dad about them. So my dad was all keen about getting on FB which I can't say I was too excited about so I told him I would just send him the link for the photos instead. I know some people are happy to have their parents on FB but I think I can live without it for now :-)

Liam has swimming this arvo but not for a few hours so I should get motivated and do some chores. Maybe pack my hospital bag? Have a great Monday everyone!

6 件のコメント:

  1. Yay - Only 4 more weeks till your due date :) I am hoping they just fly by for you...

    My hospital didn't consider me full term until I was 37 weeks. It must depend on the clinic here?

    I had to laugh at your comment 'after doctor's appointment pigout'!! I do exactly the same thing. Saturdays are my day that I can eat/drink anything I please. Sunday I am slightly lenient and then from Monday till Friday I am completely strict with myself... thank goodness I only have a maximum of 2 weeks to go!!

    Packing your hospital bag might be a good idea :) Realistically you never know when little Miss K will make her appearance...

    返信削除
  2. yay on the good checkup, I too always did the after checkup pigout, my poison was McDonalds as we don`t anything like that near us so when I went for my checkups at the clinic (an hour away) it was always a big mac ;P
    Oh and I`m so not keen on my parents being on FB...mum joined after she left here (she had stayed for 2 months after A was born) I posted a lot of baby pics up (as you do) and for some reason she thought I was hiding pics from her and was only putting them on FB..weird..

    返信削除
  3. If your dad does join FB, I recommend making use of filters! That's what I did when several of my family members found me ;)

    Here's hoping that your last few weeks go quickly! I've been meaning to ask you, what did you do about being veggie when you were in the hospital? Did you find it difficult?

    返信削除
  4. Thank god neither of my parents are very computer literate. Well mum is but she seems to be happy with blog reading (but doesn`t have my password) flickr and skype thus far...

    And my dad doesn`t even know how to turn a computer on let alone log onto the internet.

    36 weeks! Little miss K could be born ANY time now- wow! Can`t wait to see a picture!

    umebossy- I was asked if I was vegetarian leading up to my hospitalization and while i wasn`t I told them I didn`t want any nato or tofu and I didn`t get any while I was there but I know some of the other patients did- so I guess they are fairly easy going. My place was anyway!

    返信削除
  5. Nay, I'm glad you (and others it appears too) have an after doctor pig out too. Going to the doctor on a Sat. seems like a good idea. As I go early week I always have to be super well behaved on the weekend.

    Colorbynumbers, I usually go crazy on bread after my appointment. I so only want to eat western food when I'm pregnant. Re: FB, my dad seems to be peturbed other people can see his grandson's pics but he can't. The main reason is that we don't really have the closest relationship but of course he doesn't get that.

    Umebossy, my hospital was really good at making me vegie food when Liam was born and are okay to do it again this time. I can't really remember what I ate but it was yummy!

    Lulu, my dad used to be computer illiterate but lately is trying to get into it. He has no idea what he is doing though and is generally annoying lol.

    返信削除
  6. Ditto on the post - checkup munchies. Mine usually brought on by trying to go on diet of air from previous afternoon so don't get beating by doctor for breaking scales. Child number three and he didn't seem to fussed. obviously knew the gaijin saloon doors were all good and ready to shoot another one regardless of a few extra kilos. Almost wish he had been more stricter this time round!

    Not long for you to go though. Are you going to have Liam in for the birth?

    Would have been a nice day in the guch today was it? was very spring like across the wee channel here in Oita.

    返信削除