2010年4月16日金曜日

39 weeks!

I was 39 weeks on Wednesday so hopefully will have a baby in my arms before the end of the month. I'm pretty sure my doctor waits for two weeks after the due date to induce but I really hope that doesn't happen to me. Especially as that would be May 5th, the last day of Golden Week. I really don't want to be induced either. Anyway, I am happy that it looks like I will be around for both Liam's birthday party on Sunday and his actual birthday on Monday. My mum arrived on Monday and we have been getting stuff organised for his birthday. We are just doing an afternoon tea but want to have lots of yummy things. We have decided on gingerbread (we have leftover dough from Xmas), a mango cheesecake, Costco muffins, cheese, crackers, vegie stickers, salsa, guacamole, chips and a big fruit platter. Plus cake of course! We are making a chocolate cake with a Spiderman topper. Very dangerous that this will be all consumed before my doctor's appointment on Tuesday but I am a bit beyond caring. I have been craving so much sweet stuff lately and have just polished off a small bag of mini eggs courtesy of my friend's trip back to Canada.

We have been doing lots of weeding the last couple of days and my butt and legs are killing me. The whole crouching down thing is a bit hard at the moment so I sat on the ground and did it but ouch every time I get up or sit down at the moment. I have also had heaps of those sudden pains in the upper thigh that only seem to happen when you're pregnant. I'm sure I had them from quite early on with Liam but this time had been lucky up until now.

I have two classes tomorrow which probably should be my last before baby is born. Mum and Liam are coming with me just in case. I guess if my waters suddenly broke or something it mightn't be very good being out alone. Ryuji will stay home with a list of chores to do in preparation for Sunday :-)

Have a fab weekend all!

3 件のコメント:

  1. The end is drawing near.....
    It's great that you can celebrate Liams birthday just don7t have the baby on his real birthday-it causes so many problems later on (I have 3 friends with that delima)

    I know 6 people who are due to give birth in April and No2, my cousins daughter was born this morning!! I'm waiting!!! Good luck, enjoy the last couple of days of sanity.

    返信削除
  2. Liam's birthday party sounds great!! What a feast.

    I keep on getting those thigh pains too - not fun! I usually get them when rolling out of bed though, not doing anything active/productive like weeding.

    Good luck for your classes tomorrow, and you have a great weekend yourself!

    返信削除
  3. Hope the party went well - sounds like a great spread and now I am craving guacamole... luckily we picked up avocados yesterday so I can make some! Yum!

    返信削除