2010年4月27日火曜日

Kayla

My baby girl decided to make her appearance at 2:30AM on Saturday (April 24). I will try and post a birth story soon but I ended up having a very quick labour. We arrived at the hospital at 1AM and she was born an hour and a half later :-) So I was very lucky! I negotiated with my doctor to spend only 3 nights in the hospital so we arrived home this morning. The hospital stay was a bit more relaxing than the first time but I was still very bored. Fortunately mum spent most of the day up there with me so I had someone to chat to and look after Kayla while I showered and stuff like that. Ryuji and Liam popped in and out over the weekend and Liam spent the day there yesterday too. I also had lots of visitors which was nice.

Kayla has been a very easy baby so far. She was a bit grumpy on her second day but I think that was mostly because my milk hadn't come in properly and she wasn't being properly satisfied. My milk came in yesterday and she has been happy to feed and sleep most of the time since. I know it probably won't last for long but it's nice while it lasts. I've had lots of time today to catch up on the computer as I was having net withdrawal symptoms while I was in hospital.

Okay, I am back a couple of days later. Our first days at home have been good. Kayla is a bit more awake during the day and at night but she is quite easy to pacify. Last night she kept on waking up after I put her down in her bed after feeding so at about 5 I was exhausted and gave up and let her sleep with me. She woke up around 7:30 for a feed and then we both slept until 11 which was lovely.

We are back to the hospital tomorrow as because we left the hospital early she couldn't get all the tests done she needs. So tomorrow she will have her second jaundice test and also the one where they prick her foot (what is that for again?). They will also check her weight. She had already regained about 100g on the morning we left hospital and is wetting plenty of nappies so all should be good. It will be nice to get out too. Even though yesterday Liam and I popped out to the bakery much to MIL's horror haha.

Liam is adjusting quite well. He is a bit more attention seeking and seems to be even louder than usual but is quite smitten with Kayla and always remarks how lucky he is to have a beautiful baby sister. He is also looking forward to going to Australia and as I had told him we were going after Kayla is born he is always asking about it.

Anyway, I still have no idea how to post photos on here but if anyone is interested in seeing some please befriend me on Facebook :-) I am Nikki Ehira. Yoroshiku!

8 件のコメント:

  1. Congratulations! Sounds like she didn't make things too hard on you after making you wait a little longer to meet you :) Hope all is well at the checkup tomorrow and she has regained even more of her weight!

    返信削除
  2. Congratulations again, she really is a cutie!

    The foot pinprick test is for blood clotting they are partiularly concerned at this age for the the blood to clot quickly in th ebrain. She will also be given another dose of Vit K to help this all along. I spent the first month of Mr Happys life in tears as his vitamin K level wasn't high enough, he had 8 doses of the medicine (regular is 2) and me eating vit K rich foods at every meal. It is really scary stuff.

    I can7t believe you were bored in hospital!! I loved it, managed to do a cross stitch for all my kids and read two books. I thought I better lap up the free time because I'd never get anymore!!!!

    Glad to hear Liam loves his little sis. Do you think he'll ask for a little brother???

    返信削除
  3. yay, congratulations on the safe arrival of Kayla, in record time too.

    What a great idea to negotiate your hospital stay!! I was thinking of doing that, then decided that being bored and sleeping all day was maybe not such a bad thing, so rode the 5day stay out.

    Hope you enjoy getting to know Kayla and great to hear that Liam is taking to his big brother role well.

    返信削除
  4. Congratulations again! She is gorgeous and I LOVED the photos of her and Liam together.

    返信削除
  5. Thank you so much everyone!

    Re: the hospital stay, I go stir crazy so easily! I got a fair bit of reading done and watched the baseball on TV but the days seem to go forever. I also can't stand the nursing staff coming in at crazy hours to take temps/ blood pressure etc. Being at home is much more relaxing :-)

    Achan, the first month of Mr Happy's life must have been very stressful for you! I'm glad everything is okay now!

    返信削除
  6. A belated congratulations. What a lovely name. Sounds like the birth went 'well' and things at home are going well too. So thier birthdays are only a day apart? what does go on at your house approx 40 weeks prior?? Not that I can talk - Ryu and Shou are only ten days apart.

    Hope you can sort the photos out :) Although I will have facebook when we get cable in oh, maybe a week. Yay.

    返信削除
  7. Congratulations again Nikki!! Kayla is just adorable. You must be so proud. I love the photos of Liam and Kayla together. He looks like the doting older brother already :)

    I am so jealous of your short labour!! If only my next labour is more like yours than I would be happy!!

    Can't wait to see more pictures of your beautiful baby girl :)

    返信削除